Thursday, August 8, 2024

Already Hotter 'N Hell In Wichita Falls


Yesterday, the first Wednesday of August, the temperature was nearing 100 at the time of my regularly scheduled communing with nature via fast walking somewhere outdoors.

But, with the outer world being so HOT, I opted to drive to Walmart for my nature communing and anthropological observations.

Then, yesterday, around 5 in the afternoon, I decided to get HOT again, via driving to ALDI.

As you can see via the photo documentation, above, the temperature, as measured by my vehicle's temperature measurer, was way over 100 degrees HOT.

124 degrees.

That is a Death Valley level of HOT.

The biggest Wichita Falls event of the year, the Hotter 'N Hell 100, takes place the last week of this month. This is a big event. People come from all over the world to ride their bikes 100 miles in super HOT conditions.

Last year the weather did not cooperate, with the temperature being lower than 100 degrees.

This year I suspect the weather will be cooperating.

And it will be HOT.

I have not attended the Hotter 'N Hell event at the MPEC (Multi Purpose Event Center) since before COVID. It is quite entertaining, with multiple things to see, and a lot of people.

Just the triage tent where all the injured bike riders get treated. 

There are dozens of vendors vending various products. Others giving out free samples of this that and some other thing. Bike related artworks. Music. A HUGE beer garden.

And, I suspect there may be a political component this year, what with it being election season...

No comments: