Thursday, August 15, 2024

Remembering Pick Quick Blackberry Milkshakes With David, Theo & Ruby


 Arriving a few minutes ago, in my incoming email, today's Microsoft One Drive Memories from this Day.

And today, for the first time, I think, this photo did happen on August 15. Though the day was a Tuesday, not a Thursday. 

And the year was 2017.

Left to right, that is nephews Theo and David, me, and niece Ruby, at Pick Quick Burgers, in Fife, a little town between Tacoma and Seattle.

Theo, David, Ruby and their parental units were taking me to Sea-Tac, to put my on a plane, to fly to Arizona to see their grandma, also known as my mom.

In addition to Pick Quick burgers we also had, except for Ruby, blackberry milkshakes. 

If I remember right, and sometimes I do, I have previously shared this photo, what with it being one of my favorites.

That was one fun, poignant week in Washington, that week in August of 2017.

Also, in today's memories, is one of me being dropped off at the airport, after lunch at Pick Quick.


Theo is looking a bit sad at saying goodbye to his uncle. I was a bit sad too, wondering when next I was going to see these three I'd come to feel so fondly about in such a short time.

It would be almost two years before I would see David, Theo and Ruby again, in March of 2019, when they flew to Phoenix for a week of fun with their uncle, grandmas, grandpa and cousins...

No comments: