Monday, December 6, 2021

Sikes Sunset With Good Shepherds Joining Three Wise Men


Yesterday, that would be Sunday, for some reason that day's morning multi-mile walking at Lucy Park did not fill my aerobically induced endorphin needs. 

So, about an hour before the sun was scheduled to set I took off on a bike ride, heading north on the Circle Trail to Hamilton Park, then through the festively decorated Beverly Hills of Wichita Falls to the equally festively decorated campus of MSU, and then on to Sikes Lake where I saw that which you see above.

A few days ago I mentioned discovering what appeared to be an abstract hoohoo rock sculpture installation which appeared to possibly be an homage to the Three Wise Men awaiting the arrival of Baby Jesus. 

Last night, as you can clearly see, it appears some Good Shepherds have arrived to join the Three Wise Men to await the arrival of Baby Jesus later this month.


 A short distance from the abstract hoohoo rock sculpture installation I stopped my bike again to take another photo when I realized the sun was quickly leaving for the day. The sun sets fast at this location of the world.

I took the photo and then skedaddled at high speed the approximate mile back to my home base. There was still some ambient light when I arrived at that home base. But not much...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoodoos (cairns) sit proudly on Sikes Lake riprap.

Riprap - Riprap (in North American English), also known as rip rap, rip-rap, shot rock, rock armour (in British English) or rubble, is human-placed rock or other material used to protect shoreline structures against scour and water, wave, or ice erosion.

Credit Wikipedia for the riprap definition if you want.