Thursday, December 16, 2021

Happy Birthday To You Linda Lou


What you are looking at above is Linda Lou on the left. Me on the right. From our high school senior annual. Linda Lou is one of the few with whom I went through almost all my school years, grade school, high school, Sunday school and the first two years of college.

I have not seen Linda Lou in person since October of 2018, when she flew to Arizona to spend a few days having fun in the Phoenix zone. 

What follows are a few photos from Linda Lou's 2018 visit to Arizona. I don't think Linda Lou has seen these before.

Oh. I forgot to mention. Today is Linda Lou's birthday.

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA LOU!


That would be Linda Lou looking at you, sitting at the dinner table in the house we had rented in Sun Lakes, that being the town my mom lived in at the time.

Whilst Linda Lou was in Arizona the most adventurous adventures we had were driving to the summit of South Mountain, and to Tortilla Flats. Both locations reached via treacherous twisting turning roads with steep drop offs, which Linda Lou found unsettling at times.


 Above Linda Lou is pointing the way up South Mountain. Or at a saguaro cactus. I can't be sure.


Walking away from the saguaro cactus to continue the ride to the top of South Mountain.


Now at the summit of South Mountain, Linda Lou made friends with a random dog who was also site seeing.

I talked to Linda Lou last night. Her happy birthday plans for today include going to a restaurant in La Conner which apparently makes excellent clam chowder, and fish and chips. 

I can not remember when last I had excellent clam chowder. Maybe when I am in Washington next August we can go to La Conner for some clam chowder...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA LOU!!!

No comments: