Sunday, December 26, 2021

Balmy Sunday 80 Degree Lucy Park Hike While Washington Blizzards


It was back to Lucy Park this final Sunday of the 2021 version of December to go on a long hike with the throngs of other post-Christmas holiday revelers.

Due to the main trails being crowded with way too many of those aforementioned post-Christmas holiday revelers, I opted to leave the main trails and head to the Lucy Park undeveloped Back 40 to get in my many miles of hiking.

Temperature in the 80s again for the third day in a row. I think that may be one of the reasons there were so many of those aforementioned post-Christmas holiday revelers in the park today.

We are heading north, towards a line of Lucy Park trees, in the above photo documentation.

Earlier today I saw a couple Facebook postings with photos showing the current weather state of my old home state. Western Washington is in blizzard mode today. Strong wind, heavy snow.

Towards the end of today's five mile hike Linda Lou called from Mount Vernon, where she is currently snowbound by a foot of snow and that blowing blizzard. A respite from the snow is expected later today, followed by a temperature drop, followed by another round of heavy snow.

This storm, up in my old home zone, has record breaking potential.

Meanwhile, in my current home zone I hike in shorts and t-shirt trying to stay cool in the balmy 80 plus degrees...

No comments: