Friday, December 31, 2021

The Last Lucy Park Walk Of 2021 With Rain


It was back to Lucy Park this morning on the last day of 2021. Above we are at a fork in the trail, making a sort of trail version of a roundabout, with trails surrounding that round bit of landscaping you see at the center of the photo.

As you can see, the sky at my location is no longer blue. Clouds arrived overnight, ahead of the Arctic Blast which is scheduled to begin arriving in a few hours. Snow is in the forecast for the first day of the new year.

A week ago we were in the upper 80s, low 90s, and now we have Winter arriving.


Lucy Park today was looking like a desolate Winter landscape. Monochromatic.


I got off the paved trail to do some leaf walking. The pile of leaves is thick. Walking on the leaves makes a crunching noise which is quite satisfying, like walking on potato chips.

Rain began dripping for the last mile of today's Lucy Park walk. Post-walk, by the time I made it to ALDI, I had had my windshield wipers wiping for the first time in a long time. This made my driving outlook on the world much brighter.

And now I am off to Walmart to secure goods for tonight's New Year's Eve Party...

No comments: