Saturday, December 25, 2021

Wichita Falls Merry Christmas Eve Fantasy Of Lights


Last night, Christmas Eve, I walked the Midwestern State University (MSU) Fantasy of Lights, with my phone in video mode. That resulted in two videos, covering the entire Fantasy zone. I walked fast, because I did not want the videos to be long. Walking fast resulted in a lot of artful dodging around a lot of people. 

The two videos are below, at the end of a series of photos. 

After walking the Fantasy of Lights, I got back in my vehicle to drive through the Wichita Falls Beverly Hills Fantasy of Lights, where dozens upon dozens of homes are lit up with over the top Christmas lights and displays.

The Polar Express trams, there are three of them, leave the MSU Fantasy of Lights parking lot every few minutes to tour the Beverly Hills Fantasy of Lights zone.


When I saw the above photo, my first thought was how did my phone camera mess up this picture. Then I realized the lights were reflecting off my vehicle's hood, with the road I was on above the reflection.


The above entire house was draped in lights. I'd never seen this type of Christmas lighting before.


My favorite house in what I call Beverly Hills is a flat roofed modern style that looks like my Mount Vernon house would have looked like if way more money was spent on it. This house's lights consisted of stringing so many lights in the trees that it looked sort of like illuminated spider webs.

That is one of the aforementioned trams you see behind the tree in the middle.


Again with the reflection off the hood.


The giant snowman you see here was the most unique thing seen last night. It is HUGE. And it glows with a sort of pulsating light.


The phone's camera really does not do justice to these displays. It does not help the quality when shooting through the windshield.


The above trees had the biggest tree ornaments seen last night.


All these photos were taken on routes I regularly roll by on my bike. I do not know when all these lights are installed. I did not eye witness any installing going on whilst I biked by. Seems like it must take a lot of time to string up so many lights in so many locations.

And now the videos of the MSU Fantasy of Lights..



As I walked, phone in video mode, by the time I ended the above video I had no idea how long it'd taken. Ten minutes? Five? Turns out less than three. When I realized it was not all that long I decided to take video of the rest of the Fantasy of Lights. Hence Part Two of the Fantasy of Lights...

No comments: