Thursday, March 14, 2019

Miss Daisy Becomes Durango Texas Guest Blogger

My eldest baby is letting me be what he told me is his guest blogger today.

I don't really know what that is. He told me all I had to do was hit the space bar and talk and this machine would turn what I say in to readable words, and so that is what I am doing.

Only this past week when my grandchildren were here did I learn from David that on this internet thing I am known as Miss Daisy.

So, I now understand why my son was calling me Miss Daisy every once in awhile. Like when he was ready for me to get out of the car he would say something like hop aboard Miss Daisy.

Or we would be driving along and I might say I am hungry and my son would ask where would Miss Daisy like to eat?

I don't know why I can't just be Miss Shirley, since that is my name, not Daisy.

But, I have had it explained to me that some of the time my son uses nicknames for people when he writes about them. I thought he really knew someone named Elsie Hotpepper and Betty Jo Bouvier. I am not sure who Elsie and Betty Jo really are, but I do know who Clancy and Fancy are.

And who is Durango Jones? That one really puzzles me.

I went along with this guest blogging thing because my son told me if I cooperated he would go to his nearest internet connection, which is my Community Clubhouse, and put what I had to say on this blog deal.

And then go swimming.

Anything to get a break from that boy's constant need to be doing something or going somewhere. Or drive me somewhere.

I really should just stay home and rest, but my son seems to really enjoying Driving Miss Daisy...

No comments: