Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Visiting Quanah Parker Park's Monster Pecan Tree Before Doing Some Town Talking

What you are looking at on the left looks sort of like a Tree Monster, reaching out to grab me with its big arm limbs.

But, looks are often deceiving. That is not a Tree Monster, what it is a monster tree, of the pecan type, in Fort Worth's Quanah Parker Park.

This is a special pecan tree with a special designation as a Heritage Tree. I really don't know what that means, but I read in on the informational signage by the big tree.

My morning swim in the currently cool pool lasted less than a half hour, with only one hot tub warming retreat. Even though the air is cooler than the water in the pool, I decided to brave the chill, bundling myself up in long pants and a sweatshirt, to drive to the Quanah Parker Park parking lot, parked to have myself a very short walk before I decided I was not sufficiently attired in insulating outerwear, so I bailed on the walking and drove on to Town Talk.

I made today's semi-rare Town Talk visit due to being out of yogurt and cheese. Of late Town Talk has been in low supply mode of both. But, today I got two cases of Chobani Greek Yogurt, one case mango, the other orange vanilla. My two favorite flavors. Plus I got two blocks of Tillamook extra sharp cheddar along with two blocks of extra sharp white cheddar.

So, I am well stocked with yogurt and cheese, so we  can all stop worrying about me starving....

No comments: