Monday, November 25, 2013

Getting Cold Getting A Cold While Walking Around Arlington's Veterans Park

No, that is not the Fosdick Fountain spraying water in Fosdick Lake in Oakland Lake Park in Fort Worth that you are looking at on the left.

What you are looking at is the Veterans Park Fountain in the Veterans Park Pond in Veterans Park in Arlington.

The weather prognosticators backed off of their dire icy alert by morning, due to the temperature not quite getting as far below freezing as predicted.

My computer based temperature monitoring device indicated the temperate was below freezing, at 31, when I woke up the computer this morning. But, I saw nothing frozen in the outer world, at my location, upon close perusal.

I walked around Veterans Park before noon. The time is now coming up on 2 in the afternoon of the last Monday of November of 2013, with the outer world now warmed to a still chilly 34.

My turkey hunt was not successful yesterday, but was today. And so the frozen bird is sitting outside, currently, thawing at an extremely slow rate.

Walking around Veterans Park today was more chilly than I thought it would be. I had on multiple layers of warmth inducing outer wear, including my favorite stereotypical Pacific Northwest long-sleeved flannel shirt.

I am currently having symptoms that seem like an incoming cold trying to make me sick. I do not remember the last time I was laid up by a cold.

Why does the illness that goes by the name "cold" go by that name? Is it because over time humanity has associated getting that illness with getting cold? Hence getting a cold?

Being befuddled is just one of the many incoming cold type symptoms I am currently experiencing....

No comments: