Friday, November 22, 2013

Last Night's Thunderstorm Followed By A Near Freeze Renders Me Swimless In Texas


Last night's predicted storm arrived after the sun left for the day, delivering at my location the first loud, rollicking thunderstorm in quite some time. Along with copious amounts of downpouring rain.

Prior to the rain and thunderstorm's arrival a strong wind showed up, facilitating the rapid movement of downpour and lightning empowering clouds.

At some point in the middle of the night I woke up to realize I was cold and in need of additional blanketing.

By this morning, when I woke up my computer, I was not too shocked to have my computer based temperature monitoring device informing me that the outer world at my location was only a degree or two above freezing, with that still blowing wind making it really feel as if the temperature was below freezing.

So, I have not left my abode, yet, today. Which means there was no attempt to test how cool the pool is this morning. It is highly unlikely there will be any testing of the pool coolness Saturday morning, either, or the morning after that.

Looking at the temperature predictions in the graphic above, through Tuesday the daily average is going to be well below 50. I do not know what is predicted after Tuesday.

I strongly suspect my morning swim ritual will be taking a sabbatical of unknown, currently, duration.

In the meantime, I am going to Walmart today for my daily walkabout.

No comments: