Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Apparently I Am In Texas With An Unattractive Midland Accent

In a blogging last Monday I asked Is The Texan Accent America's Most Attractive? because I'd just read scientific proof that the Texas accent is America's most attractive and is one of the reasons Texans date, mate and breed so prolifically.

I guess this attractive accent thing also explains how it is that Gar the Texan so easily transitions from one wife to the next.

Even though I have lived in Texas for over a decade I am forbidden by state law from referring to myself as a Texan.

Not being a legitimate Texan may be one of the reasons I have not been able to develop an authentic Texas accent and thus continue to be an epic fail in the date, mate and breed department.

Yesterday I came upon a test that tests What American Accent Do You Have?

I took the test and was not too shocked to learn I have something called a Midland Accent, which, apparently, means I have no discernible accent, which, again apparently, indicates I have a good voice for TV and radio.

It seems just a little odd to me that while this test tells me I have no accent, it also tells me I may be from Dallas.

That is just confusing.....

4 comments:

Gar said...

It's broken. It said I have a 90% Midland accent and I can still steal steel.

Durango said...

Well, a 90% Midland accents sounds rather accurate to me, what with your formative accent developing years being spent a few miles west of Midland in the little burg of Wink.

Gar said...

I think you may be overlooking some contextual non-geographical significance.

Durango said...

The term "contextual non-geographical significance" is too complicated for me to understand.