Sunday, September 22, 2013

Village Creek Motivated Me To Barbecue Chicken On The First Day Of Fall

Today my handlebars are on the paved trail in Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

The paved trail was looking a bit brown, not its usual gray, on this first day of Fall.

The paved trail was looking brown because a lot of brown leaves got the notice that today is the first day of Fall and so they fell, apparently.

This morning when the sun came up and I exited my warm abode to go swimming the air was being chilled to only 56 degrees.

For the first time in many a month the pool was quite cool  this morning.

The pleasantly cool temperature had more than the Sunday norm of people and their dogs out enjoying walking and biking with the Village Creek Indian ghosts.

One group was barbecuing something that smelled real tasty in one of the seldom used Village Creek Natural Historical Area's firepits.

I do not know what type meat product was being barbecued at Village Creek today, but I do know it motivated me to barbecue chicken, a process which is taking place right now as I sit here typing.

However, the meat product I am barbecuing is not smelling as tasty as that which motivated me to barbecue chicken.

I hope y'all are having yourself a mighty fine first day of Fall....

No comments: