Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Regular Saturday Gateway Park Cliff Avoidance Wondering What Chai Is

It being Saturday, today my handlebars were rolled to their regular Saturday location atop a cliff high above the green Trinity River.

Construction on the road that takes me to my usual route to Gateway Park and Town Talk forced me to turn off Randol Mill Road to Oakland Boulevard to take the I-30 Freeway to Beach Street to get to the Gateway Park mountain bike trails via the west entrance.

This had me parking by Fort Woof.

Fort Woof is Fort Worth's #1 dog park, thought by some to be the #1 dog park in America. And possibly the #1 dog park in the world. Fort Woof does appear to be a nice dog park with a lot of happy dogs running around.

I think the cooler temperature accounts for the increase in the usual number of bikers I saw today. It was only 80 degrees when I left my abode today to head to Gateway Park.

Next Saturday will be the day before the Autumnal Equinox, also known as the first day of Fall.

A lot of fallen leaves on the trails today seemed to be a harbinger of the coming Fall.

After having myself a really fine time rolling my wheels I rolled my motorized wheels to Town Talk where I had better treasure hunting than I had last Saturday.

Today at Town Talk I got a case of Dark Cherry Chai Yogurt. I have no idea what Chai is. But, I like dark cherries. I also got 2 big bags of broccoli crowns, plus extra sharp white cheddar cheese, whole wheat matzo crackers, chorizo and other stuff I'm not remembering right now.

Speaking of food. It is time for lunch now.

No comments: