Sunday, September 1, 2013

It Feels Like 108 Degrees The First Day Of September In Texas

I don't remember my location getting heated to 104 this summer.

Til now.

Currently my computer based temperature monitoring device is telling me we are 104 degrees HOT with the heat index making it really feel like 108.

The air-conditioner seems to be conditioning nearly non-stop.

It probably was not a good idea to boil eggs a few minutes ago and fire up the oven to oven fry some spuds.

But, I wanted to make potato salad for tomorrow's very traditional Labor Day Picnic.

When I talked to my mom this morning there was not a lot of lamenting about the Arizona HEAT due to mom not being out in it during her convalescing time.

The only lamenting was over the fact that the seasonal monsoon rains have dropped water in locations all around them, but not on my mom and dad's location.

Instead of a good hard monsoon rain my mom and dad's Sun Lake location had itself a sandstorm.

I told my mom the past few days when I do my temperature monitoring her zone has been colder than mine. That is also the case this first day of September. With my location broiling at 104 while Phoenix is chillier at 103.

However, all that monsoon rain action and its resultant humidity has the heat index in Arizona having that 103 degrees really feel like 109. One degree HOTTER than my location's real feel of 108.

Fall will be falling in 21 days, on day 22 of September, when the Autumnal Equinox arrives. With the expected arrival of the Autumnal Equinox in a few weeks I think I will be able to experience a few weeks with natural cooling and less un-natural air-conditioning.

And maybe windows open all night long....

No comments: