Saturday, September 21, 2013

Shivering In Texas This Last Day Of Summer At Only 27 Degrees Above Freezing

This morning's dawn's 59 degrees was 12 degrees chillier than yester morning's 71.

The Autumnal Equinox is tomorrow.

With this morning's temperature only 27 degrees above freezing it would seem that today's cool preview may be a harbinger of a some very cold months ahead.

This morning's 59 degrees had the water in the pool being way less cool than the air for the first time in weeks.

Last night due to the chill in the air the air-conditioning did not cycle on, all night long. At some point in the middle of the night I was actually chilly, which necessitated turning off the ceiling fan. Currently a cool breeze is blowing in through open windows.

I don't recollect a previous time in Texas with such an abrupt temperature change. This lack of recollection is likely due to my age-related memory woes.

Due to yesterday's drenching rain today I will not be mountain biking to my regular Saturday photo op location in Gateway Park. I think I will likely be biking the paved trails in Gateway Park,  prior to my regular Saturday stop at Town Talk.

No comments: