Friday, September 13, 2013

Happy 2013 Friday The 13th To My Fellow Triskaidekaphobia Sufferers

Why would anyone, knowing of my extreme case of Triskaidekaphobia, taunt me by sending me a Triskaidekaphobically targeted email on this special day?

Subject line: Have Yourself A Happy....

And then in the body of the email I see the threatening photo you see here, threatening, that is, to a sufferer of Triskaidekaphobia.

My extreme case of Triskaidekaphobia had my sub-conscious blocking the fact that today is a very bad day for Triskaidekaphobia sufferers, what with it being Friday the 13th of the 13th year of 2000.

I do not know what the significance of the picture is, what with that one beady eye peering out between the "Y" of FRIDAY and the "T" of THE. And another beady eye peering out between the "T" and "H" of THE.

Anyway, I am trying very hard, and for the most part successfully, not to let this special day trigger any dire Triskaidekaphobia over-reactions.

No comments: