Friday, September 13, 2013

Not Seeing Beautiful Downtown Fort Worth From The Tandy Hills While Walking To Albertsons With Prickly Pear Cactus

It seems like weeks since I last availed myself of the scenic beauty of the Tandy Hills and its view of the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth from high atop Mount Tandy.

Today, with the sun being a bit blocked by clouds and the temperature a relatively chilly 86, I thought I might have myself a really fine time doing some Tandy Hills hill hiking.

But, I was not in the mood to drive anywhere.

That and I overdid either bike riding, yesterday, or swimming, prior to yesterday's bike riding.

Whatever the cause, my legs were feeling as if they had had plenty of exercise.

So, no, that is not a Prickly Pear Cactus patch growing on the Tandy Hills that you see above. It is a Prickly Pear Cactus patch I came upon in Mallard Cove Park on Wednesday.

Today, rather than driving anywhere to get more sore hiking or biking, I walked up the hill to my local Albertsons to get myself this week's ink edition of DFW.com.

This morning, when I was in the pool a little past the arrival of the sun, the sky was mostly blue. During the course of my time in the pool clouds began to slowly turn the sky from blue to gray.

Thunderstorms and rain are in the forecast today.

By the time I was out of the pool and hanging my swimming suit on the drying clothesline a few drops were falling from the sky.

The wet drops falling from the sky did not drop long enough to damp up the outer world at my location.

I suspect before today is done I will be seeing some extreme dampness and hear some extreme thunder booming.

No comments: