Friday, November 5, 2010

It Is Chilly In Texas So I'm Making Chili

We're behind the bars of my patio prison cell, looking out at the November 5 darkness.

It is a cold Friday morning here in the semi-deep South. 40 degrees.

Meanwhile, right now up in balmy, semi-tropical Seattle, it is 54.

When is this Daylight Savings Time nonsense going to end so the sun can be scheduled to arrive earlier?

It seems like usually Daylight Savings Time is gone by now.

I got up on the wrong side of the bed and banged my head against the wall, thus resulting in a slight headache this morning.

I don't know if the pool is going to be doable this morning. 40 degrees is getting a bit too chilly.

Speaking of chilly, I think I'll make chili today. Chili is a good thing on a cold day.

2 comments:

Tonasket Tootsie said...

sir, some of us would like your recipe. and the corn bread one to go along with it. thanks you in advance.

Durango said...

I am very sorry, Miss Tootsie, but I don't use recipes, for the most part. I usually just throw stuff in a pot and hope for the best, which is what I did when I made chili yesterday.