Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Disc Golfing At Veterans Park In Arlington


I needed to go to Pantego today. On the way I thought I'd go on a walk around Veterans Park. As I turned on to the road that leads to the north parking lot, I saw cars parked on the road. And that the parking lot was full.

I continued on to the south parking lot. It also looked full, but I drove in anyway. And found two open spots. So I took one.

It did not take me long to see why the Veterans Park parking lots were full. Dozens upon dozens of guys and a few gals were playing Disc Golf.

Due to all the flying discs it was not feasible to proceed with my plan to hike the hilly wild part of the park. I have been hit by a flying disc once. It is a hit you do not want to repeat.

Disc Golf seems to be getting very popular. I don't get the appeal. But then, the appeal of regular golf is totally lost on me, too. Disc Golf does seems to be funner than regular golf. There are no Disc Golf Carts. The Disc Golfers have to walk up and down the hills, throwing their discs and hunting for them. So, there is exercise involved. You don't see old geezers playing Disc Golf like you do regular golf.

There is also a Disc Golf Course in Gateway Park in Fort Worth. I've seen a couple people playing there a couple times. But never in the Veterans Park numbers.

No comments: