Saturday, November 13, 2010

Blog Post 3,002 With The Return Of The Shadow Of The Tandy Hills Thin Man & Obese Chinese

I was off by 2 in my count of the number of postings on this blog. Yesterday I said that there were currently 2,997 bloggings.

However, the number was actually 2,999, which made last night's blogging about Nick and Nora Charles' Thin Man Heavy Drinking the 3,000th blogging.

With this current blogging, when I hit the publish button, being blogging 3,002.

Anyway, today the Shadow of the Thin Man was able to return to the Tandy Hillswhich were mostly totally dried out from Friday's water soaking.

It was in the high 40s, maybe low 50s, when I hit the hills around noon. I felt no inclination to remove any clothing due to overheating. I did pull up the long sleeves after a bit of hiking.

I'm thinking we must be in some sort of perfect conditions to produce spectacular color this fall in Texas. There are some trees on a golf course I see on Randol Mill Road with leaves that glow with an unnatural reddish orange. I have seen this every fall since I have been in this location. But this fall the unnatural reddish orange seems to have been amped up. I must try to get a picture.

Betty Jo Bouvier was exchanging emails with me this morning, until it made her head hurt with the onset of crankiness. Betty Jo needs to be in a good mood because she is going to be in a Trainwreck later today.

Tootsie Tonasket called with a question whilst I was hill hiking today. I can't say what the question was because I don't know the answer.

Big Ed went with me hiking the Tandy Hills today. That never goes well. Today it was respiratory failure, with wheezing and extremely labored breathing. I think he needs an oxygen tank like the Scrabble Queen of Washington mentioned to me this week. I really don't think people with serious respiratory problems should be doing heavy duty hiking.

I got cod at Town Talk today. I used to get cod for free. Fresh cod. Caught via the fishing method out in the San Juan Islands in Washington. Coincidentally I blogged about the San Juan Islands on my Washington Blog this morning.

On my DurangObese blog this morning I blogged about the Chinese Obesity Epidemic. I had no idea there were 215 million obese Chinese people. More obese Chinese than obese Americans.

November 13 and my windows are open. Not normal.

1 comment:

A Fan said...

Congratulations on your remarkable accomplishment (and hard work, mentally and physically). Your posts about the plight of that guy on Carter Ave. fighting to keep massive, and dangerous, gas pipelines out of his neighborhood should receive some kind of award or recognition for civic contribution and really for helping the man feel like he was not alone in standing up to a multi-billion dollar corporation Chesapeake and America's 17th largest city that it shares "a bed" with. More power to you as you head toward the 5,000 mark.