Sunday, November 7, 2010

In Fort Worth Texas God Is Good Hot Beef Stew


It is Sunday. Sunday is the day of the week when I feel more religious than the other days of the week, but only slightly so.

Several times a week I drive down John T. White Road. I think it is at the intersection with Sandy Lane, on the northeast side of the intersection, that there is a rundown, old strip mall. With a gas station, a barber shop, maybe a couple other stores. And a restaurant.

I think the name is Kountry Kitchen.

For weeks, both heading east and west, on both sides of the sign you see in the picture, it says, "GOD IS GOOD HOT BEEF STEW."

I likely am exhibiting how simple-minded I can be at times, but I find this sign amusing.

Is it saying that "God is good hot beef stew?" Or is it saying "God is Good." And then mentioning that the restaurant serves "Hot Beef Stew?"

I prefer to think the sign is saying "God is good hot beef stew." I like hot beef stew. Like my mama used to make.

Speaking of my mama. I got gas today, so I called my mama to tell her I got gas, just like I always do. Got the answering machine. I don't know if they are still in New Mexico or have returned to Phoenix. I think they should be back in Arizona by now.

1 comment:

Steve A said...

I thought God was an Aggie. Hmm, I shall have to ask the local Aggies what they are made of.