Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hiking The Colorful Tandy Hills Thinking About Big Rocks & Getting Scalded

As you can see, the Tandy Hills are alive with the sound of color. The chirping music of singing birds, not so much. I would have thought the birds have flown south for the winter, but that's where they already are.

Today marked Day 9 in a row of hiking the Tandy Hills. I believe 11 is my record. If I keep this up I may lose the unsightly weight gain that motivated me to make my DurangObestity Blog. Or not.

This morning I went to Beacon Rock on my Durango Washington Blog. Beacon Rock is a big rock, some say second only to the Rock of Gibraltar. Others beg do differ.

Where does Enchanted Rock in Texas fit in in this world-wide big rock sweepstakes?

This morning I managed to go swimming for the first time in over a week. The 24 hour temperature average had been way over 50 degrees, thus rendering the water swimmable. However, something has malfunctioned with my hot tub's thermostat. I jumped out of the cold water and into the hot and instantly experienced what a live crab must feel like when it gets thrown into the cooking pot. The thermometer informed me that the hot tub temperature was 180.

It's time for lunch. Burgers on Whole Wheat Buns, Red Pepper/Tomato Salad, Baked Sweet Potato Slices & Waldorf Salad made with low-fat Vanilla Yogurt, rather than mayonnaise. Buzzers buzzing. Lunch is ready.

No comments: