Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Chased A Tandy Hills Roadrunner While The Queen Of Wink Was Maybe In Mississippi

I was on the Tandy Hills past 4 today. As you can see it is a bit cloudy. With the cloud cover and a good wind blowing the 91 degrees did not feel HOT.

It was very refreshing. Unlike yesterday.

I was in the Hurst zone around noon. Stopped in at the Hurst ALDI Food Market. I did not have a quarter to release a shopping cart. The ensuing brouhaha probably should have embarrassed me. But I had other things on my mind.

I have now heard from the Queen of Wink. Sort of. My phone has been behaving badly. As in I won't hear the ring, if that's what you still call the annoying noise current phones make, because there is no ring. If someone leaves a Voice Mail I'll hear that noise. If I'm near the phone.

So, I'm at the Tandy Hills and I flipped open the phone to see what time it was. I saw I had 2 missed calls and one message. Both calls were from the Queen of Wink. In the message she told me she was in Fredericksburg and wanted me to call her back to tell her where to have lunch.

Fredericksburg? The Queen of Wink is in Mississippi? I'd not heard she safely returned to Wink from Denver and she's now in the Deep South? And why would she think I know any places to eat in Fredericksburg. I've never been to Mississippi that I remember.

And then I recollected that there is a Fredericksburg in Texas, west of Austin, northwest of San Antonio, south of Enchanted Rock State Park.

I have consumed a food product at a Fredericksburg, Texas eating establishment. But it was an ice cream cone from the McDonald's.

Even though it was several hours later when I got the message and I was sure the Queen of Wink had managed to find a place to have lunch, I called her back to tell her to go to the Fredericksburg McDonald's.

But, once again, I got a no service available message of some sort.

Why do I not hear my phone ring? Do I have a hearing disorder? I hope I don't have to go through that annoying getting a new cell phone ordeal again. Although, today I was shown that one can access Facebook via those new type phones that Apple foisted on the world. There are all sorts of versions of that now.

I have fallen behind technologically speaking. I am very okay with that. I find Facebook annoying. Why would I want it on my phone?

Back to the Tandy Hills. I chased a Roadrunner today! I have never seen a coyote on the Tandy Hills, but I would guess they are there.

Roadrunners are speedy little devils, just as fast as the cartoon version. So, it is not easy to get a good picture.

I wonder if Roadrunners taste like chicken?

8 comments:

Don Young said...

Please tell me exactly where at Tandy Hills you took the roadrunner pic.

Durango said...

DY, it was on the main trail off View Street. Looking south. The uncropped pics show that really nice house that has recently had some tile work done.

cd0103 said...

I love!! roadrunners! Must come see for myself!

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Always wondered how intelligent the Roadrunner is...

Sorry...did not have lunch at McDonalds. One does not drive seven hours to a town (imo) to eat at an eating establishment in which she is able to dine in close to home :-)

Did find a lovely little restaurant, I'll be telling you all about it. The hot German was...ooops guess I should leave that part out! ;-)

Durango said...

CT2---
You had some HOT German potato salad? That is a bit of a shock.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

How'd you know?

Durango said...

CT2---
I think I was there is how I think I know. The sauerkraut was delicious. So were you.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I do find I'm quite a tasty treat :-) Not too sweet, a bit on the tart side...firm but the perfect consistency.