Friday, June 11, 2010

The 21st Annual City Of Wink Texas Roy Orbison Festival

You are looking at my windshield, last June, heading towards Wink, across the flatlands of West Texas, with my windshield getting slapped with Roy Orbison memorabilia.

For you non-music history aficionados out there, Wink was the hometown of rock and roll legend Roy Orbison, he of "Pretty Woman" fame.

This year the City of Wink Texas presents the 21st Annual Roy Orbison Festival.

I know no details of this year's Roy Orbison Festival, except for the fact that it is taking place June 18. And that music and a car show is involved. Last year the festival was a 2 day affair.

The only lodging available, in Wink, is at The Queen's Palace. Unfortunately, all rooms are already booked. The nearest other lodging is in Kermit, about 7 miles northeast of Wink.

I believe term limit rules prohibit the Queen of Wink from being named Pretty Woman in the Roy Orbison Pretty Woman contest. But, I am not certain of this.

Meanwhile, the 4th of July will soon be here. For purely non-altruistic reasons I made a webpage this morning of my Texas Top 10 Fourth of July Events.

I did not put the Wink Fireworks Show on the list. It was a close call.

No comments: