Thursday, June 17, 2010

Another HOT June Thursday Morning In Texas

As you can see, in the Thursday morning view from my computer room window, there is not a cloud in the sky.

And, at barely past 9 in the morning, it is already 84, heading towards a predicted high of 98, with the Heat Index making it feel like it is over 100.

If I had Audio-Vision, right now you'd be hearing an awful lot of banging and sawing. My patio balcony is getting changed from solid wood to a wrought iron-type railing.

I think I'll like the change, but I'm not liking the noise.

Yesterday I did not blog about hiking on the Tandy Hills, even though I did. Hike. I made it to the hills a little before 3. It was HOT. Too HOT. I got so HOT I forgot to take a picture documenting yesterday's HOT hiking.

I was on the HOT hills for almost an hour and a half. I don't think I was able to drink enough water to keep up with what was oozing out of me. The end result had me feeling really good, but a bit, well, loopy.

By the time I made it back to my vehicle all I could think of was the walk-in cooler at Town Talk. So, I made my wobbly way to that cooler. After spending too much time in the cooler, I exited to find boxes of sweet potatoes for 29 cents a pound. So, I got a lot of sweet potatoes.

Lunch today is mashed sweet potatoes and BBQed pork chops. Promptly at one. Or not. Don't be late.

No comments: