Sunday, April 12, 2009

It is a Happy Wet Easter in Texas

I am very sad to say I got not a one invite to have ham anywhere on this drippy Easter Sunday in Texas. I wonder if Zorro's Buffet has ham today?

On Friday I blogged about Good Friday and my bafflement at the whole Jesus died for your sins thing. And then was miraculously back living again shortly thereafter. All part of his Dad's plan to save the souls of the earthbound humans.

This morning's Dallas Morning News had a full page ad on this subject. That's the ad in the picture.

There is a note under a hammer and three spikes. The note says...

Son,
I need you to Build a Bridge, here are all the tools you will need. See you soon.
Love, Dad

P.S. Sorry I had to have you killed in such a brutal, painful way. But it had to be done for the greater good of all the humans I've created.

Okay. I added the P.S. It seemed to fit the theme. Isn't it a tad blasphemous for a newspaper ad to make up words from God in a trite note referencing the murder of Jesus? Oh, I just remembered, the entire Bible consists of mortal men making up words from God.

I was afraid that my Good Friday blogging might stir up some thumping being that I'm sitting on the Buckle of the Bible Belt.

But there were only 2 comments and neither seemed to be from Planet Loony Bin. Although one did make the comment all in capital letters, which is the Internet method of shouting.

Bryce said...

It sounds like God has really got you thinking about His Son.

And then Anonymous shouted...

OH DURANGO, SAD , SO VERY SAD.AH.. BUT THERE IS HOPE, ALWAYS, AND HIS MERCY AND LOVE COVERS IT ALL. TAKE THIS FROM SOMEBODY WHO LOVED FREEDOM TO DO WHATEVER, LITTLE BIT OF AGNOSTICISM, LOGICAL AND SARCASTIC ME. YOU WILL FIND HIM, SINCE HE IS ALWAYS THERE. GOD BLESS AND HAPPY EASTER, HE IS RISEN.

Bryce, God didn't get me thinking about anything. I do my own thinking.

Anonymous, thank you for your Happy Easter wishes.

No comments: