Tuesday, April 28, 2009

World Naked Bike Ride Coming To Austin

At least 70 cities in at least 20 countries are taking part in this year's World Naked Bike Ride. The Southern Hemisphere rides have already taken place, back in March. The Northern Hemisphere's Naked Bike Rides take place Saturday, June 13.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that neither Dallas or Fort Worth is on the list of 70 cities. But Austin is. Austin is the only Texas town on the list.

In my old home state, that being Washington, in addition to Seattle being one of the 70 cities, Bellingham is also on the list. Bellingham is a very nice college town about 20 miles from the border. It is closer to Vancouver than Seattle. Vancouver is also on the list of 70 cities. Which is no big surprise. The most heavily populated nude beach I have ever been naked at is in Vancouver at Wreck Beach.

I highly doubt I'll be going down to Austin for this event. I'll probably just participate, solo, at River Legacy Park.

And in other weird naked news. Nike, that's the sports shoe maker, not the Greek god, based in, I think, Eugene, Oregon, has a new commercial filmed at something called Bear Butte, where all these sports jocks sorts, like Olympic runners, go to train au naturel. In the commercial we see the runners running au naturel. Some of them are well known, I assume, to people who follow such things, which I don't.

I tell you, the world is just getting way too free-spirited. You can watch the Nike YouTube video below. But do not watch if seeing people running naked makes you queasy.

No comments: