Saturday, April 18, 2009

Foggy Fort Worth, Texas Wildflowers & Oakland Lake Park

I already told you it is foggy today here in Fort Worth, as in real foggy. You can barely see beautiful downtown Fort Worth in the picture I took on the drive to Oakland Lake Park for a much needed nature walk.

Large areas of Oakland Lake Park are now covered by wildflowers. This means the grass does not get mowed. Which made walking in wet vegetation a bit unpleasant, so the paved path had to be used.

I got a couple good pictures of newly blooming wildflowers I'd not seen yet this year.

I called my mom and dad in the Phoenix zone while I walked because I got gas on the way, and as my one longtime reader, Tyler, may remember, when I get gas I call my mom and tell her how much it cost.

But, the parental units were not home. Or were not answering their phone. So, I called my sister who is also in the Phoenix zone. She entertained me while I did my nature walking.

I learned my oldest sister and my ex-wife were visiting, along with Ginger, she being another Washingtonian and that they'd taken a road trip south to Tombstone and Bisbee, then east to New Mexico and Silver City, then north to Sante Fe, then west back to the Phoenix zone.


Made me want to go on a road trip. It's been awhile. I'm thinking there is a good chance I'll be road tripping soon, heading west to the Phoenix zone to visit the aforementioned parental units and my sister and nephews and maybe my brother. Then head north to the Seattle zone, then back here via Montana, then south through Wyoming and Colorado.

While we are suffering in the 60s here, with that heavy fog, my sisters in Phoenix were basking in the 80s. But the wimps think it's too cold to get in the pool.

I can't believe I'm related to those people.

2 comments:

twister said...

They can have all the "dry heat" they can stand, out there in Phoenix. I'll take Texas. Washington state is a beautiful place and someday I'd maybe like to visit but it's got a west coast cost of live thing happening, so I'm priced out already, I know. I guess I'm just gonna have to be happy here in Texas.

Durango said...

Mister Twister---Unless you're planning on buying a house in Washington, you'll find most everything else as affordable as it is here. And some things not costing anything, unlike here. Like you can ride all over downtown on the buses for free, including zipping thru the tunnel that goes under downtown. Walking on a ferry does not cost much. Pike Place is free. Downtown Seattle is like being in a theme park. With no admission charge and most of the attractions free of charge. It only costs gas money to drive up in the mountains. Going into a state park is free in Washington, unlike Texas. Also, in Washington you can get all sorts of fruit for free, like blackberries.