Monday, April 6, 2009

Canyon of Thorns Devastation at River Legacy Park

I had to make a delivery this afternoon in Arlington. The details we need not discuss. I may have mentioned previously that my physical therapist, Dr. Layla, keeps insisting I do not get enough physical activity.

I suppose she's right. This morning I went swimming for a half hour, then around noon I spent an hour traipsing all over the Tandy Hills looking for an elusive flower.

So, with Dr. Layla's prescription calling for me to haul my lazy self off a prone position more frequently, I decided, even though I pedaled it for 11 plus miles yesterday, to go for a late afternoon bike ride at River Legacy Park.

Yesterday I showed you a picture of the Canyon of Thorns in the Prairie Loop section of the mountain bike trail. That is the Canyon of Thorns above. It was a thrilling thorn-defying section of trail. Why am I using the past tense 'was' word? Well, the Canyon of Thorns is no more.

This afternoon I was appalled, appalled I tell you, to discover that the Canyon of Thorns had been destroyed, mowed down in its prime. As you can see in the picture on the right, taken this afternoon, at the same location as the picture at the top.

Oh well. It'll grow back. Maybe

No comments: