Friday, April 3, 2009

Indian Paintbrush at River Legacy

We are slowly moving towards the point in time when Texas, well, my zone of Texas, looks its best, as in real purty.

Indian Paintbrush had sprouted up at River Legacy Park since my last visit. Along with Bluebonnets. The only wildlife I saw today, while riding the mountain bike trail, was a couple joggers and Blonde Bobbi. She must practically live on those trails.

My bike is 5 years old. It has over 4000 miles on it. It is a K2 Attack. It replaced a Schwinn Moab. The Schwinn Moab had over 5,000 miles on it when I broke its frame riding on the Horseshoe Trails. The Schwinn Moab has been my favorite bike, though this K2 is also nice, but it is getting old.

This week I replaced my bike's speedometer. The previous one had been broken for months. So, I'd been biking without knowing how far or fast I was going. But not today. I averaged 10.2 miles per hour and biked 9.3 miles. I went 2 times around. Til I got the new odometer, I did not know how far it was with all the new trails. I figured the new trails had added about 2 miles. I was about right.

The trails at River Legacy Park are getting closer and closer to being jungle-like. I like it. I wish monkeys were native to Texas.

Though the local weather record did not indicate it froze last night, this morning when I went swimming at 8am, there was frost on the roof. I don't know what else it could have been. It was white and it disappeared as the sun hit it. WeatherBug said it was 37, when I went down to the pool. The water felt warm compared to that icy air. So, I had myself a good swim. It is 71 right now with the windows open. Supposed to hit 80 tomorrow. We are at the Sweet Spot in Texas weather. Soon, the HEAT will arrive. But, I like that, too. I am very easy to please...

No comments: