Sunday, February 8, 2009

Texas Sunday In The Dark, Not The Park

That's the view looking down on my pool, about an hour til noon, Sunday, February 8. The forecast had me hoping for something better, as in nice clear blue sky along with warm temperatures. And no rain.

Instead, when I went to Krogers about 9am, to get milk, I was greeted by falling wet stuff.

This has wreaked havoc with my plans to BBQ pork and ride my bike from Gateway Park to the Fort Worth Stockyards, a ride I have not pedaled in months.

I am on Day 6 of Detox and Night 5 of no insomnia. Blood Pressure 118/49, Pulse 52. I am being one healthy specimen. We won't talk about what my BP was a couple months ago. Suffice to say, a stroke was eminent.

A lot of doctors either don't know, or don't tell you, so I will. Removing all Toxic People from your existence will knock between 10 to 30 points off your BP readings. With the side benefit of enjoying a much more peaceful, healthy present moment, with no threat of incoming toxicity.

I must resign myself to the fact that this does not appear to be a bike riding day. I must now search for a Plan B.

No comments: