Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day From Fort Worth

It's a cold, dreary, gray Valentine's Day here in the far eastern environs of Fort Worth, Texas. This latest cold snap is currently chilling me in the 30s at 10am. Heading to a high in the high 50s. Brrrr.

My exciting Valentine's Day's highlight should, I hope, be lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. No, I will not be dining with the Valentine's Sweetheart in the photo. She looks like she'd be more of a Zorro's All You Can Eat Buffet type of gal, the sort who rarely lets salad, or any vegetable, for that matter, pass her sweet lips en route to her ample thighs.

Speaking of Big Gals, Tootsie Tonasket reports that she has lost over 40 pounds on what she is calling the "Divorce Diet." She is now down under 140, which makes her one of only three adult females, of my acquaintance, with a confirmed weight less than mine.

Speaking of eating healthy stuff. Right now I'm eating a Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit. This may be the best Texas thing I've come across. The Ruby Reds are so sweet, they need no sugar or honey. And there are very few seeds. Best grapefruit ever. And being red makes them perfect for Valentine's Day.

No comments: