Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Got Poked Today, Among Other Things

It's an hour to go before I go to Brazil and watch some Survivors. To get in a semi-Tropical mood I'm in my own personal Kava Bar right now. Google it. I can't be expected to explain everything.

It's been a day. Turns out a tornado did touch down in the neighborhood Tuesday night, well almost my neighborhood. A few miles north, in Colleyville, a F1 touched down for a half mile or so, ripping off roofs and doing other damage. The killer tornado up in Oklahoma turned out to be an F4. That's a powerful tornado.

This morning, after I blogged about Only Child Syndrome, Gar the Texan pointed out that our new President is sort of an Only Child, in that he was one for 8 years til a step-sister came along. Gar wondered if 8 years solo was enough time to cause the syndrome.

I don't know, but it concerns me. I really can't picture Barack Obama having an Only Child type temper tantrum. He is likely one of those rare souls who managed to escape succumbing to Only Child Syndrome. But, how can we know for sure?

That Facebook thing, that I accidentally signed up for a few weeks back, continues to vex me. Today I got poked again, several times, in Facebook. I have no idea what that means. I am also being strained in my brainpan by a Facebook Scrabble game. I seem to be absolutely no good at this game.

I went walking at Oakland Lake Park today, talking via cell phone to Tootsie Tonasket while doing so. Tootsie's domestic situation continues to make Peyton Place sound like Sunday School.

Alma, the Songbird of the South Texas Gulf Coast, is making Port Aransas sound better and better. I like the idea of it being a pirate enclave, where descendants of people like Jean Lafitte roam about. That and saltwater with big waves, sandy beaches and blue sky all sound good. Plus Alma has made it clear that most people run around half nekkid all the time. That is my preferred dress mode.

I had intended to blog about the latest iteration of the Fort Worth Heritage Park debacle. Maybe I'll get around to that tomorrow. That and an amusing thing I read about Texas in that book I'm reading about America's first serial killer. If you've never heard of this fascinatingly bizarre true crime story, go here, and read the Wikipedia version.

People who think our current economic woes are unique, need to familiarize themselves with the Panic of 1893, which occured during the time frame I'm currently reading about. That Panic also involved shady financial dealings. Go here to read the Wikipedia article about the Panic of 1893.

The relaxing benefits of visiting my tropical Kava Bar are starting to kick in. I don't know why people consume dangerous drugs, like alcohol, or prescription meds, when there are pleasant safe herbs like Kava and coffee available. It perplexes me.

No comments: