Friday, February 6, 2009

I Have A Fan Club

Last night I was shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn I have a fan club. Hundreds of subscribers I was aware of, but a fan club?

Apparently, one of my few longtime readers, LC, likes it when I complain about the Fort Worth Star-Telegram or the way things are done here in Fort Worth. Or both. Then she shared that with others, I guess. And the next thing I know there is a fan club.

I asked LC, who, apparently is the President of my fan club, if there are meetings and if refreshments are served. LC confirmed that there are meetings and that refreshments are served.

That was info I wanted to know about, due to the past few days I've learned of group events, with names like Sip and Stitch and Knit and Guzzle, where a group gets together, ostensibly for a noble purpose, but instead it turns into a wine sampling party. I thought that sounded sort of fun.

And, just when I'm thinking that sounds fun, I learn I have a fan club that has meetings and serves refreshments. I don't know if they have some sort of drinking game, like every time I mention that the Star-Telegram sucks, you take a drink of wine. Or every time I mention Chesapeake Energy, same thing. Or complain about Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys Stadium Scandal.

Anyway, I'll let you know when LC let's me know when and where the next meeting of my fan club takes place. I can hardly wait.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just got some panties printed with your picture on them. Yeah!

Durango said...

Are the panties free?

Anonymous said...

Nothing is EVER free!
Why do you want a pair for Miss Mexi-fry?

Durango said...

I just had a free sample lunch at Costco today.

Gar said...

Miss Mexi-fry? I like it when people make up funny nicknames. Some are more entertaining than others. Miss Mexi-fry made me giggle.

But, anyway, that's not why I am here. I'm curious why I wasn't contacted by the fan club.

Do you know who is in charge of this boondoggle?

Durango said...

Someone with the initials "LC" claims to be the president of my fan club. I find it vaguely disturbing. And who is Miss Mexi-fry? I have no idea why you were not contacted by his boondoggle. Obviously it is not very well organized.