Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Catfish, Kava Tea & Only Child Syndrome

That is a nondescript catfish joint called Tuckers in the picture. It is in North Richland Hills on Davis Boulevard. Its billboard says its catfish is famous. I have no independent verification of that, nor do I care to personally sample their famous inland "seafood."

I was at this location due to me agreeing to pick someone up here on my way back from Southlake. I won't go into the details of why I was in Southlake, except to say while I was in Southlake I also went to Sprouts Farmers Market, and among other things I got Kava Tea. I've not had that medicinal herb since I got a supply direct from the island of Kuaui. That's part of Hawaii. Hawaii is a state way out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

I do not wait well. You can see how impatient I was being by looking at the picture, on the right, of me looking impatient, getting all rumpled and bored. When I agree to meet someone I expect them to be at the appointed location at the appointed time. The party in question was supposed to be on a precise spot at precisely 1:15pm. However, at that point in time, that spot was occupied by an urchin selling some sort of Valentine bauble. I declined the Valentine bauble offer. I do not participate in Hallmark type occasions, which pretty much makes me immune to just about any holiday.

At 1:17 pm the person in question finally arrived, unforgivably tardy. I'll probably get over it. I may even forgive it. After awhile.

When I got back here and checked my computer messages I saw one of them was a very good comment from a person suffering from Only Child Syndrome. I keep intending to blog again about OCS, what with there being so many sufferers out there, both those who are OC's and those who are victims of OCS.

But, it just so painful to write about, dredges up all sorts of troubling memories. And it is complex to detail my personal experiences with Only Child Syndrome, what with the behaviors being so oddly convoluted, yet sort of amusing when viewed from the perspective of distance and time. In other words, when written about when the memory of the pain of dealing with one of those monsters is not quite so fresh.

I did not see any sign of damage from last night's storm when I drove north.

No comments: