Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tandy Hills Brush Bash: Day One

I had the best of intentions, today, to help move brush and stuff alien to the natural nature of the Tandy Hills Natural Area.

But, a sprained thumb rendered me worthless for such an endeavor. However, feeling guilty for not doing my part, I did send in a proxy to help and report back to me.

As it turned out, a small army, complete with heavy equipment was on duty today. And a lot more than invasive vegetation was dispatched.

Dozens of abandoned tires were removed. Dozens of bags of litter were collected. I've never seen a tire at the Tandy Hills. I have seen litter, a lot of it in the creek beds, but I don't think that was where today's litter was collected.

I believe it is going to take many more Saturdays to get this job done. I'm thinking dragging a solar-powered wood chipper deep into the park would be a much more efficient means to remove wood debris, than hauling it all the way to where trucks can reach it.

No comments: