Friday, January 9, 2009

Mom & Dad Are Heading West Away From The Ol' South

I drove to Mom & Dad's temporary Arlington abode this morning before 9 to lead them out of Fort Worth, with a stop at the Ol' South Pancake House on the way out of town.

I didn't gain any weight during my month, last summer, in Tacoma. I think I've gained 10 pounds during the 5 days Mom & Dad were here.

This morning I had a big Greek Omelet with 3 big pancakes. It's been years since I've had a pancake.

My aerobic exercise, the past week, has been driving 100s of miles a day. And talking. In Tacoma, I think I burned a lot of calories due to the stress of verbal harassment, a lot of hiking and doing things, like walk 6 miles to escape dementia to return to relative sanity. With a McDonald's stop midway.

I did my chauffeuring in Mom & Dad's big new van. I don't think they liked the idea of being crammed into my little car. That's Mom & Dad standing in front of their big new van, with my little bitty car next to it and the Ol' South Pancake House behind them.

After we were done at the Ol' South Pancake House I led Mom & Dad back to the I-30 freeway and got them safely out of Fort Worth. They are not taking the freeway back to Phoenix. They are going to go the old-fashioned 2 lane route, via Highway 180, exiting I-20 about 20 miles west of Fort Worth.

The first town they'll come to is Weatherford. I told them about the food-poisoning bout I had after eating a burger in Weatherford. I doubt they'll be getting a Weatherford burger, due to it being too soon after breakfast, not due to the food-poisoning warning.

The next town they'll come to is Mineral Wells. So, I told them why there is a monster old building in that little town, that being the Baker Hotel. I knew it would perplex them as much as it did me when I first saw it.

It was fun having Mom & Dad here. I'd worried about what I'd find for them to do. That turned out to be no problem. Next time I will remember not to worry. They are returning in 2015.

No comments: