Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Having Me A Mystery Here In Texas

A week or so ago I noticed a perplexing phenomenon that has me, well, perplexed.

Okay, here it is. People all over the world are connected to the Internet. People all over the world use Google.

On my Blogs, I put this little widget called FeedJit, that shows the latest 50 visitors to the blog. How long ago they arrived, where they came from. And, if they came from a search engine, FeedJit shows the search string.

The latest incident of the baffling, perplexing mystery is occurring right now on my TV Blog. About 2 hours ago I blogged about last night's American Idol. I mentioned the girl in the bikini.

So, looking at my TV Blobs FeedJit stats, right now, 1 hour 37 minutes ago, someone from Mocksville, North Carolina came to the blog using the search string, "Idol's bikini girl brouhaha."

At that exact same moment, using precisely the same search string, someone from Houston came to the blog.

And now it gets real weird, 5 minutes later, using precisely the same search string, someone from Beirut, Lebanon came to the blog.

How would 3 different visitors from different locations use the same exact search string within a 5 minute period? With the first two at exactly the same time?

If this were the first time this had happened I might not find it so perplexing, but it has happened multiple times on the blog you are reading right now. With the most instances being people Googling "biggest butt in the world." On 3 occasions there have been clusters of 3 to 5 visitors, arriving at my blog within a 10 minute time frame, from locations all over the world, using that same "biggest butt in the world" search string.

Why? How?

Maybe there is something to what I've always thought to be nonsense, that being psychic connections and telepathy. Maybe there is some field of energy that envelops the earth, which connects people, with at any given moment any given individuals synapses may be firing a the same time, from the same stimulus and the next thing you know 5 different people in 5 widely different locations find themselves Googling to find the biggest butt in the world.

Or, maybe they are all on the phone with each other at the same time, sitting at their computers, talking about last night's American Idol, or big butts and one says, "hey, let's Google 'Idol's bikini girl brouhaha.' And magically all use the exact same syntax and spelling.

Anyone have any answers?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very weird. The psychic connection theory works for me.

E. Kristie said...

When I would do a Seek or Scan on the radio in my car, I used to wonder if someone else was seeking/scanning the exact same time that I was and hearing the exact same things that I heard....but I'm flaky like that.

I wonder what the answer was to the "biggest Butt"? I would do a search, but even with the safe-search up, I'm afraid of what I may encounter.

Durango said...

E. Kristie---

You were wise not to look for "biggest butt" images. I did. And deeply regret it.