Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Israel, the Gaza Strip, Gas And My Mom & Dad

That's the view through my window at this very moment, at 10am, as I sit at the keyboard. It's a blue sky day in Texas.

I have absolutely nothing that is giving me an urge to be blogged about. Nothing.

I would blog about the current Israeli/Gaza Strip Middle East conflict. But it just makes me cranky. Israel shows great restraint for a ridiculous amount of time. And finally decides to do something about the incoming rockets. And then the world reacts. Where was the world's condemnation of Hamas during the month upon month of firing rockets into Israel?

And then you have those who deny that the Holocaust ever happened. And are now comparing Israel to the Nazis. It's like there is way too much insanity running way too rampant in the world.

I forgot about the sudden jump in gas prices. I don't know why it went up 20 cents over night. Did a couple of the Muslim nations cut us off of the black stuff?

I'm hoping it gets into the 70s by the time I take Mom and Dad to the Fort Worth Stockyards to go to Riscky's for BBQ Ribs, so we can sit at the outdoor patio.

My Mom wants to go to the Gulf Coast. I'm going to take them to Lake Grapevine today and try and convince them that it's saltwater. There are clams shells on the beach. And seagulls. The only thing missing is that telltale saltwater smell. And big waves.

Anyway, by the time I get back here, later today, I should have myself some blogging material.

No comments: