Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gar the Texan's Random Ramblings

I know this good ol' Texas boy, known as Gar the Texan, born and reared way out in West Texas in the town of, I think the name is, Kermit.

Gar the Texan eventually escaped West Texas, married a German and became a world traveller. Which has made him quite worldly. And wise.

In Gar the Texan's most recent blogging he makes reference to me, saying (I may be paraphrasing here), that he seldom agrees with me, but I'm a smart fellow who he can tolerate listening to and that he may have learned a thing or two from reading my blog. Also, because I'm Dutch, I have an aversion to Germans.

To illustrate what Gar the Texan believes are my strange opinions about Europeans, Gar inserted an amusing YouTube video into his post. I thought the video was so good I'm going to stick it on this post. So, you don't have to go to Gar the Texan's blog to see the video....

2 comments:

Gar said...

Everyone loves you (except apparently one mean person) and you paraphrased my phraseology in such a way that people will think I don't like you which is not true.

Hopefully, even when they read, what they think, says that I don't like someone that they love, they will still come visit me sometime because that's not what I said.

Durango said...

Geez, you're such a stickler for details. I'm pretty sure I said I was paraphrasing. It wasn't like I was looking at your blog when I wrote that, so I was unable to quote it with precise accuracy, so my re-interpretation may have somewhat altered the meaning of what you said. I feel terrible about that and will work real hard to not make such a mistake ever again.

And there are 2 mean people who don't like me. That I know of. I suspect that actual number may be higher.