Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Bush Regime Ends Today

I suspect there will be some partying today, around the world, with the end of the Bush Regime finally here.

I hope George slept well on his last night in the White House. I did. After yesterday's insomnia bout, this morning I slept in til past 3am.

I needed to be up early today. I have to take a Puerto Rican to the airport so she can fly to Miami, then San Juan, then Ponce, where her 82 year old Mom will pick her up to take her to her hometown of Coamo.

Coamo, Puerto Rico is known for its hot springs. And being the location of a big battle during the Spanish-American War. Miss Puerto Rico does not know that that war is why her island is part of the United States. I find people not knowing such things to be perplexing.

By the end of today George Bush will be starting his exile in Texas. I think he is heading to his ranch in Crawford, not his new home in Dallas.

I'm considering today to be the actual start of the New Year.

Happy New Year!

No comments: