Friday, July 25, 2014

Biking With The Indian Ghosts Pondering No Good Deed Going Unpunished If Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

That's the pool and hot tub view from my patio prison cell you are looking at on the left.

That view is currently scheduled to change this coming October, with a new view north, rather than this old view south.

I was up not long after the sun this morning, with a long swim before a short breakfast.

After several hours of fussing with HTML code type aggravation I felt the Village Creek Indian Ghosts calling me. And so I was off to Arlington to roll my wheels in the Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

Whilst fussing with HTML code type aggravation I listen to the radio. Lately I've been listening to something called The Bert Show. The Bert Show can be amusing. This morning Bert was going on about how the cliche "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" makes no sense to him.

However, I get the meaning of that cliche because I have experienced the experience of doing a good deed and then having the person for whom the good deed was done turn into an ungrateful miscreant.

Bert got me thinking about another cliche, that being "Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder." In my experience that cliche would be more accurate if it were "In Some Cases Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder."

For me, in some cases, absence has turned into an unexpected blessing. Like getting rid of an eyesore you didn't realize was making your eyes sore, til you no longer have to see it......

No comments: