Friday, July 4, 2014

A 4th Of July Mountain Bike Ride In Arlington's River Legacy Park With No Bobcats

A year ago today I drove to downtown Arlington to watch Arlington's 4th of July Parade.

A year ago seems so recent I really could not muster the desire to drive to downtown Arlington to stand in the sweltering heat to watch a parade roll by today.

Instead I drove to Arlington to River Legacy Park and rolled my wheels, along with a lot of other wheel rollers, on a multiple miles of mountain bike trails.

In the noon time frame most of the River Legacy Park picnic tables were in 4th of July picnic mode. Multiple smoke sources had the air smelling mighty fine.

In the picture above my handlebars are stopped at the location where years ago I had my first bobcat encounter. I can not remember when last I had a bobcat encounter in River Legacy Park. Or any D/FW park.

Where have all the bobcats gone? That sounds like the start to a folk song.

I am being very traditional with my 4th of July vittles today. Hotdogs on the grill, pizza in the oven, beer in the refrigerator.

And mangoes.....

No comments: