Friday, May 17, 2013

The Obliteration Of The Village Creek Natural Historical Area's Texas Bluebonnets

I prefer my Wildflower Areas to have a variety of wildflowers in a variety of colors.

My wildflower preference was not in play today at the Village Creek Natural Historical Area's Wildflower Areas on either side of Village Creek, which you can see documented in the photo.

A predominately orange, with a smattering of yellow, wildflower has taken over the Wildflower Area, muting the pink evening primroses and obliterating the struggling Texas bluebonnets.

Isn't there a law on the Texas books making it a felony to obliterate Texas bluebonnets?

Speaking of obliterating Texas bluebonnets, I was about to issue a BOLO for Elsie Hotpepper, who went missing yesterday. But, Elsie surfaced this morning, to let me know she has left Texas.  Something to do with federal litigation, I think. Whatever that means. The message was very cryptic.

I am almost 100% that Elsie Hotpepper has not found herself in hotwater with the Obama IRS goon squads that target right wing nut groups, because I am almost 100% certain Elsie Hotpepper is not a right wing nut.

Changing the subject from Elsie Hotpepper to my favorite subject, that being the weather.


My computer based weather monitoring device is indicating the humidity is only 76%. But, it feels like a  100% humid wet blanket in the outer world.

It was so humid when I went swimming this morning that my sunglasses fogged up. I think that was caused by the humidity.

2 comments:

CatsPaw said...

I believe your orange and yellow wildflowers are Indian Blankets. Seems appropriate for the homelands of your Indian ghosts.

Durango said...

CatsPaw, thanks for the name. I've thought when looking at those flowers that they look like a design one might see on some Indian article, like a blanket or pottery.