Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mountain Biking In Gateway Park Thinking About Rockin' The Green Trinity River With Fuji Apples

I took my handlebars to Gateway Park, this next to last Saturday of May, to pedal my wheels on the mountain bike trail.

I had already had myself a good bout of endorphin inducing aerobic stimulation, early this morning, via swimming.

At the morning swim point in time the air in the outer world, at my location, was heated to around 77 degrees. Which felt to be about the same temperature as the water in the pool.

The air in the outer world, at my location, is now heated to 89 degrees. I suspect by the time the sun leaves for the day we will have had the hottest day of the year, so far.

Hot and humid. The humidity is being a bit oppressive.

It is almost that time of the year when thousands of locals hit the Trinity River in inner tubes to have some fun rockin' the river in the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle's Rockin' the River Happy Hour Inner Tube Floats.

More on Rockin' the River later, if I can muster the energy.

Today the Trinity River was looking a bit green, as if it had not yet recovered from being dyed for St. Patrick's Day.

What with the ongoing drought and low reservoirs, is there sufficient water to float the thousands of inner tubers hoping to Rock the River?

I pedaled twice around the Gateway Park mountain bike trail and then headed to Town Talk for my regularly scheduled Saturday treasure hunt.

Today's best treasure is personal size organic watermelons, only a buck each. Had one for lunch. Best watermelon ever. Also got a big bag of Fuji  apples, imported from this state called Washington. And 2 cases of yogurt made from soy, one lemon, one peach, only a buck for a case of 12.

Former Fort Worther, current Washingtonian living in the Tacoma zone, MKB, is currently visiting her old home state, down in the New Braunfels zone, doing some tubing in crystal clear river water. I don't know why MKB did not come to her old home town to do some tubing in the Trinity River, which has turned crystal clear, except for some green bouts, since MKB lived in town....

2 comments:

MLK said...

No no no. No tubing until July time frame. Still watching the rain and enjoying the cold 50degree weather. *SIGH* Husband WAS a bit upset about what happened in Granbury, as that was on the top of our retirement location list.

Town Talk: JEALOUS!!!

Durango said...

MLK/MKB----I thought I'd seen photo documentation that made me think you are in Texas floating.

Regarding Granbury. Now that that cool town has been so badly hit, it's likely safe for a really long time. Tell your hub that. Also remind him that where you are currently located can get really bad earthquakes. That and mountains are known to blow up. I can't remember the last time a volcano erupted in Texas.