Saturday, March 12, 2011

We Need To Thin Down The Population Of Rattlesnakes At Our Ranch

The Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup, in Sweetwater, Texas, is taking place this weekend.

Hundreds upon hundreds of rattlesnakes are executed over a 4 day period.

Some people object to these snake executions as being barbaric.

There is an official Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup website. But, for some reason, the webpage I made of my visit to the Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup  usually Googles in the #1 spot.

Due to Googling in the #1 spot a lot of people come to the erroneous conclusion that I am somehow associated with the Roundup. I get asked all sorts of strange questions about rattlesnakes. Frequently from the U.K.

A couple hours ago I saw an incoming email with "Snake Resources" as the subject line. I figured this would be a Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup related question. Asking how much my rattles cost? Or do I sell rattlesnake meat? Or do I have hats made from rattlesnake skin? Or necklaces made from rattlesnake fangs?

Instead the "Snake Resources" email was of an entirely different sort.

Below is the message in the email...

We need to thin down the population of rattlesnakes at our ranch. Do you have any names of research companies or resources that would like hundreds of live rattlesnakes from Montana?  We have wranglers who can keep them alive for whoever wants them.  

Please contact me,
Linda / 406-581-8358

I've seen rattlesnakes in Eastern Washington, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me too much that there'd be rattlesnakes in Montana. In her email, Linda included 3 pictures of rattlesnakes on her ranch. That is one of them at the top.

Is there anyone out there who can help Linda with her rattlesnake problem?

Below is the YouTube video I made years ago of my one and only visit to the Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup....

No comments: