Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fort Worth Mayor Supports Fort Worth Nude Beach

The above is not something I see likely happening here, a city sanctioned Fort Worth clothing optional beach, even if the city had a beach where such a thing were possible.

Fort Worth and Seattle have an awful lot in common, well, actually I can only think of one. Both have mayors with the first name of Mike.

Seattle's Mayor Mike has been asking Seattlites what they'd like to see in their town. A lot of people have told the mayor they'd like to see a nude beach, like what Vancouver has in Wreck Beach.

So, the Mayor of Seattle is on board with the idea of turning one of Seattle's beaches into a swimsuit-free zone.

In the picture you are looking at what may be an artist's rendering of what beautiful downtown Fort Worth might look like if its Trinity River Vision Boondoggle ever actually builds a tiny lake on the north end of downtown.

I can't say that I have ever seen a beach anywhere in Fort Worth. It is a good thing to have a beach or two in town.

I don't really see the people of Fort Worth to likely be clamoring for a clothing optional beach in their town, or Fort Worth's Mayor Mike pushing such a proposal, in the same ardent manner he pushes giving breaks to the Barnett Shale Natural Gas Drillers and tax breaks to RadioShack.

So, I guess I'll have to go south to Austin, to Hippie Hollow, to work on my all over tan.

3 comments:

somaphx said...

Funny, Hippie Hollow is the first place I thought of when I opened your post. Ain't what it used to be, though.

I don't see it happening ANYwhere near the Ft. Worth/Dallas Bible Belt.

Good pic, tho', which I may send to my gay buds, even tho' tame by their standards.

KM said...

This would be great. Exactly what's needed.

Durango said...

Zelda, I think first there should be a "GET IN SHAPE FORT WORTH" campaign before we open a clothing optional beach here.

Somaphx, why am I not surprised in the least that you are on familiar terms with Hippie Hollow?