Saturday, August 18, 2018

Garbage From Booming Texas Pot Industry Is Not Clogging Gutters

I saw that which you see here on Friday in the Seattle Times.

It has been awhile since I have written one of my patented bloggings about something I see in a west coast news source which I would not expect to be seeing in a Texas newspaper, such as the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, about a similar thing happening in Texas.

Can you imagine a story headline such as this in a Texas newspaper?

Garbage from booming Texas pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills

First off, Texans, from what I have seen, do not much concern themselves with something as mundane as garbage clogging anything.

Texas is a state with towns which actively encourage citizens to go floating in the neighborhood e.coli polluted river.

Such as Fort Worth's Rockin' the River Happy Hour Inner Tube Floats in the regularly poop polluted muddy waters of the Trinity River.

Second off, does Texas have any booming industry? Other than extracting oil and gas? Let alone a booming industry involving something like growing and selling marijuana.

Last month, after returning to Texas from Arizona, I made a comment or two about having been in modern America and it being a bit unsettling to be back in backwards America, which had me asked, a time or two, to what I was referring.

Texas continuing to criminalize marijuana, whilst modern America has realized the stupidity of such, is not what I had in mind at the time I made mention of leaving modern America to return to backwards America.

Maybe in the coming days I will get around to making mention of the things I refer to when I make mention of modern America, and backwards America...

1 comment:

Orson Anton Welleson said...

You remind me of myself, when I was living in Georgia as a Texas ex-pat.

Not all of Texas sucks as bad as you make it out to. There are some great places here. DFW probably doesn't top the list. But the kind of ugliness you describe can be found everywhere. I have a friend who grew disgusted with life in California, so she moved to Wa state. After thirteen years there, she realized that California wasn't so bad, and moved back.

What keeps you stuck here?

I've commented here before, and never have been responded to, so I don't expect anything. But if you decide to respond, that would be cool.