Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Morning In Texas Up Late Thinking About Smoked Salmon

As you can see via the view from my patio, I am up after the sun on this, the second Friday of September, one day before the 9th Anniversary of the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks.

I was surprised this morning to learn that the Florida trouble making preacher was abandoning his plan to burn a Koran tomorrow, due to being falsely assured that that Muslim center was not going to be built near Ground Zero in New York City.

My nephew Joey called last night. He mentioned the Koran burning. Wondering why such a fuss was being made over a potential book burning when it would seem the focus of fussing should be on the behavior of a religion that condones stonings and beheadings.

And murdering thousands by flying planes into buildings.

Joey lives in Clear Lake. The Skagit River is a short distance from Clear Lake. When the Skagit floods it floods all the way to Clear Lake. Joey catches a lot of salmon in the Skagit River. Unlike the Trinity River, here in Texas, you can eat the fish you catch in the Skagit River.

Last night when Joey called he was driving to the lake closest to Clear Lake, that being Big Lake, where his mom, my favorite ex-sister-in-law, lives, to deliver some smoked salmon.

It is time for a very late in the morning swim now. I wonder if I could get Joey to mail me some smoked salmon.

No comments: